Director, Strategic Partnerships & Events (ABC)
Company: Disney General Entertainment Content
Posted on: November 24, 2022
ABC is home to some of the most innovative, engaging content
across today's media landscape. In working for ABC Entertainment
Marketing, you will get a hands-on look into the inner workings of
one of the elite marketing teams and learn how we effectively
promote our portfolio of top-rated shows and ABC as a brand.The ABC
Strategic Partnerships & Events team plays a key role in promoting
our shows and building the ABC brand. On this team, you'll drive a
wide range of marketing strategies and tactics that serve to drive
awareness around key network programming. The team works to further
corporate priorities and Disney General Entertainment business
initiatives through managing ongoing relationships both internally
across the network and externally with third party brands,
corporate partners, distribution partners, studios, affiliates,
etc. The team is also responsible for the development and execution
of large-scale events, screenings and experiential marketing stunts
and initiatives.The Director, Strategic Partnerships & Events will
be responsible for leading the team through a variety of
high-profile initiatives to maximize partnership and promotional
opportunities for the company as a leader on the Marketing team.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be a strong manager of
people and a strategic, big-picture thinker who successfully
translates campaign strategies into effective, impactful
initiatives that drive significant buzz and awareness around our
television properties. The Director should have a strong background
in communications, pitching, deal negotiation, account management,
partnerships, events and entertainment marketing, require minimal
oversight in performing his or her duties and have a solid
understanding of television marketing strategies and initiatives.
The position reports to the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
and Events. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team responsible for consumer-facing partnerships, events
and experiential initiatives.
- Identify, pursue, and develop deals with external brand
partners, conducting outreach, meetings and calls, and creating
pitch materials and outlines to negotiate and secure promotional
campaigns and tactics.
- Oversee RFP process with agencies and brand partners while also
providing direction, guidance and feedback with goal of maximizing
ROI for the network.
- Manage contract/SOW process, working with direct reports and
Legal/BA teams to ensure that all documents completely and
accurately reflect all program deal points.
- Serve as a key point of contact for Branded Solutions/Ad Sales
teams to review advertiser collateral as well as to communicate
Marketing priorities and potential monetization opportunities.
- Manage the development and execution of large-scale live events
(CMA Fest, Comic-Con, D23, etc.), screenings, and other
experiential marketing initiatives and stunts.
- Work with media agency to identify key partnership and
experiential opportunities with publishers.
- Serve as a lead management point of contact to partners such as
Hulu, DMED, external studios and MVPDs, taking a proactive role to
secure key marketing placements and promotional opportunities.
- Ensure that content partner strategy reflects top priorities
and strategic planning/scheduling.
- Participate in partnership/marketing forums to promote ABC and
to create opportunities for co-marketing. Lead creation of
presentation materials for internal and external partnership
- Maintain strong lines of communication with VP, direct reports
and internal partners ensuring all are aware of key strategy
updates and team project status.
- Continually develop and improve upon processes for information
sharing, budget tracking and status updates.
- Directly support and deliver upon network/team special projects
goals and priorities involving Holiday, DE&I, Heritage,
Cultural Beats, CSR initiatives, etc - ie. PRIDE, Asian Pacific
Heritage Month, Women's History Month, Magic of Storytelling,
- Communicate special projects initiatives to internal partners
such as ASM, Hulu and Ad Sales to ensure strategy alignment and
visibility into key campaigns and tactics. Required Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in entertainment or related industry
with strong interest in marketing partnerships, events,
experiential marketing, DE&I and CSR.
- Highly organized and able to work independently on projects -
attention to detail is imperative.
- Strong relationship-building skills to ensure positive
interactions with senior leadership, internal and external
partners, producers and talent.
- Ability to efficiently handle a large quantity of projects and
tasks simultaneously under deadline, deal effectively with
pressure, and manage/complete tasks with minimal direction or
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for developing creative
marketing ideas and concepts.
- Ability to understand and execute strategic key initiatives
while demonstrating an inherent understanding of the "big picture"
when approaching tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and
interpersonal, expressing ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear,
convincing, and organized way.
- Possess strong knowledge of best practices and inclusive
strategy trends both within the entertainment industry and among
- Experience working with non-profits, executive leadership, and
- Sound foundation of business judgment, shown critical thinking,
confidence in decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work long hours including some nights, weekends and
holidays and to travel when needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Keynote,
- Problem solver with positive, can-do attitude. Preferred
- Academic focus in a related field: Communications, English, PR,
- Strong knowledge of ABC programming preferred as well as
- Strong knowledge of The Walt Disney Company and personal
affinity for the brand desired.
Keywords: Disney General Entertainment Content, Covina , Director, Strategic Partnerships & Events (ABC), Executive , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!