Senior Accounting Manager
Company: United Biologics, Inc
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: October 21, 2019
United Biologics is an Irvine-based, early-phase medical education
company aligned to serve the rapidly growing endovascular medical
device space. We specialize in advanced medical testing & education
equipment, uniquely designed to accelerate product development and
enhance point-of-sale demonstration for our global customer base.
Our portfolio of proprietary products is customized and precision
manufactured to meet a variety of medical devices, all active in
the expanding endovascular segments for multiple surgical
specialties. To further our aspirations, United Biologics is
seeking a Senior Accounting Manager with a self-starter mindset,
capable of exhibiting accounting & financial leadership for our
growing enterprise. The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible
for all traditional accounting system functions including general
accounting (accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed
assets), consolidations, internal and external financial reporting,
tax strategy, financial planning and ensuring compliance with GAAP
and other relevant regulations. The Senior Accounting Manager is
also responsible for cash management, overseeing the company's
commercial insurance coverage and developing a strong internal
control environment.Job Responsibilities
- Organize and manage all accounting functions of United
Biologics, while, preparing for continued expansion due to the
commercial growth of our products.
- Establish effective financial analysis techniques and
disciplines through the development and maintenance of
comprehensive monthly and quarterly reporting tools/packages.
- Ensure through the maintenance of organized and structured
accounts and records, the establishment of comprehensive financial
policies and procedures, and through the development of internal
- Develop efficient internal financial controls and business
processes that maintain a cost-conscious environment.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with
departmental heads; collaborate on solutions to cross-functional
- As the Company expands, hire, train, develop and motivate a
highly competent and technically skilled financial staff.
- Lead in developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with
internal accounting controls and Company policies and procedures,
maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Produce United Biologics' annual Budget, a process involving
collaboration with department managers.
- In conjunction with the annual budget, develop product cost
standards and identify cost savings opportunities and at-risk
elements of the budget.
- Lead the effort in implementing the company's ERP System.
- Provide insight to the Company's tax strategy and work with
both internal and external stakeholders and consultants to ensure
the accuracy and timeliness of all federal, state and local tax
filings as well as compliance with all federal, state and local tax
guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure that the Company has the appropriate commercial
insurance coverage in place and work with insurance brokers and
carriers to ensure that policies are renewed in a timely, accurate
and economical basis.
Key Competencies/Required Skills
- Ambitious, with a positive can-do attitude
- Flexible, able to prioritize as business needs evolve.
- A high energy, enthusiastic self-starter, who possesses
leadership skills and sound, mature business judgment and is
capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment.
- An analytical individual, who has a strong detail orientation,
with big picture visualization capability.
- Comfortable working in a small company environment, where
direct action and resourcefulness are essential.
- An open-minded, strong listener able to discern issues from
collected information and draft logical, understandable, and
- A cost-conscious manager with prior success in using resources
in cost effective ways.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with an Accounting
- CPA and/or CMA credentials a plus
- MBA or Master's in Tax or Accounting a plus
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs.
Familiarity with accounting programs such as Quick Books a
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have independent means
of transportation and automobile liability insurance
- Proficiency in NetSuite or other leading ERP system such as MS
Dynamics, Epicor, SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards.
- A solid base of financial, accounting and tax experience with
hands-on expertise in developing policies & procedures, controls
and business processes.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing costing and standard
- High personal integrity
- The ability to foster demonstrating and implement best business
- Base salary plus performance-based bonus
- 401(k) with annual contribution from company
- Comprehensive healthcare plan including medical, dental, vision
and life insurance plans
- Sick, vacation and paid holidays
Supervisory ResponsibilityThe Senior Accounting Manager manages all
employees of the accounting department and is responsible for the
performance management and hiring of the employees within that
department.Work EnvironmentThis job operates in an office setting.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
machines.Physical DemandsThe physical demands of this position are
typical to a manager working in an office environment. Some lifting
is required for filing or moving boxes of records, open filing
cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessaryTravelTravel is
not a routine part of the role, with the possible exception of
attending conferences or continuing education programs.Other
Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential
Keywords: United Biologics, Inc, Covina , Senior Accounting Manager, Executive , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!