Radiology Technologist with Mammography Experience
Posted on: May 4, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Responsible for performing diagnostic
medical mammogram examinations not requiring constant supervision
on technical details with a comprehensive knowledge of mammography
positioning.-- Assumes responsibilities for designated areas or
procedures as required.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's--commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of all techniques and
mammography positioning procedures in producing diagnostic
- Maintains quality assurance protocol as required by the state
and American College of Radiology.
- Explains procedures to patients and checks for
- Ensures that patient's needs for privacy and confidentiality
are met and that patient is physically covered whenever
- Assist the Radiologist during special procedures (e.g., breast
- Maintains a sterile and safe environment for patients and staff
according to department and company policies.
- Assists in the development of new procedures and techniques as
- Performs general office duties including the coordination of
daily mammogram schedule.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Ensures that the delivery of services reflects efficient and
effective use of supplies and appropriate utilization of
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of infection control
- Consistently uses and reinforces proper body mechanics and
appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Self-identifies potentially unsafe system, processes and/or
situations, and reports them using the appropriate forms.
- Attends and participates in educational programs and shares
knowledge with peers.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses--Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Current CRT and ARRT certification.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of Radiology Technology.
- Documentation of continuing mammogram training.
- MMO certified preferred.EXPERIENCE:Minimum:
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of
experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.
- Bilingual preferred.If you need to enter a work site for any
reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any
state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth
Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas
where physical distancing cannot be attained.Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant
objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part
of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together
some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health
care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you,
that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work. (SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and
its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Covina , Radiology Technologist with Mammography Experience, Healthcare , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!