Sr Manager, Revenue Services Systems
Company: Edison International
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Sr Manager, Revenue Services Systems
- Job ID: 71029254
- Job Family: Customer Service
- Location: Covina, CA US
- Other Locations: Job Description
ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working
on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage
energy more efficiently.
About SCE's Revenue Services Organization (RSO) :
The Revenue Services Organization (RSO) is an organization within
Southern California Edison's (SCE) Customer Service Organizational
Unit (CS) which shares the responsibility to safely deliver
reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. RSO supports
these goals by ensuring our customers are properly billed, credited
and are able to participate SCE's many products and services.
The job is...
As the Senior Manager of Revenue Services Systems, you will have
responsibility for RSO's Systems Oversight and Work Management
organization, which works with RSO's operational groups to bill and
collect $12 billion in annual revenue. This organization is
responsible for strategic oversight of a portfolio of systems,
workflow management for SCE and vendor oversight teams, short- and
long-term capacity planning, system issue resolution, database
development and maintenance, bill presentment accuracy, and 3 rd
party vendor operations oversight. You will lead a team of
Managers, Technical and Business analysts, Project Managers, and
others to ensure RSO systems are effective, meet compliance and
operational requirements, and satisfy our customers' experience.
You will be responsible for inspiring and guiding change within the
organization as processes and systems evolve due to SCE's SAP
implementation. You will set the technology roadmap and develop the
performance of the organization, setting its goals and objectives,
prioritizing resources and providing direction to accomplish its
strategic value. Developing and implementing processes to improve
customer experience will be part of your responsibility as well.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be responsible for
providing leadership, guidance, and career development to your
staff of 25+ resources.
Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the
A day in the life...
- Provide vision, direction and leads the overall activities of
the Revenue Services Organization's (RSO) Systems Oversight and
Work Management organization.
- Lead and/or oversee implementation of operational systems used
by RSO (including initial, testing and implementation phases).
- Provide operational support with on-going processes including
budget analysis, vendor relationship management, business case
development and Business Continuity.
- Partner with RSO Operations peers to assist with identification
and development of new technology solutions and the resolution of
- Oversee the migration of support systems and databases to
accommodate new processes and design of SAP platform
- Analyze data and situation, reason logically and creatively
identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective
- Create and maintain a positive, satisfactory work environment
across all areas of organization that balances operational needs
and employee satisfaction.
- Lead or supports cross-functional teams to develop Operating
Unit (OU) wide projects and programs.
- Collaborate across a broad spectrum of key stakeholders
including Information Technology, various Customer Service and
Field organizations, and 3rd party vendors to resolve issues and
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to internal and
external stakeholders and manages cross-OU relationships on
technical requirements, system performance, how systems support
business processes. Qualifications
You absolutely need to have...
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Operations Management,
IS/IM, or related discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing or supervising an
organization unit or team in a customer service
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with System
Development lifecycles (ie. including Agile, Waterfall).
- Available 24/7 when needed to oversee resolution of system
- Flexibility to travel internationally on an as needed
Other stuff we believe would be helpful...
- Two or more years of experience directly leading or providing
direction to a technology support group for a highly paced customer
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Project Management certification.
- Experience managing back office operations for billing and
payment processing, call center, data processing, or other customer
facing operational organizations.
- Possess knowledge of operations management best practices and
demonstrated experience applying them to customer service
- Experience facilitating technology issues resolution by
balancing competing priorities, organizational capabilities and
- Proven ability to create strategic partnerships with technology
- Using a wide range of business knowledge, be able to serve as a
key resource to coordinate, resolve SAP issues, and ensure SAP flow
for billing and collections operations work properly by
understanding the integration with SAP functionality.
- Exceptional awareness of own leadership style and how it
contributes to culture of organization; able to develop soft skills
of direct report leaders.
- Proven track record of embracing and leading a culture of
inclusiveness and accountability through coaching and
- Experience using employee engagement strategies to maintain a
positive work environment in a customer service organization.
- Experience with organizational change management practices and
leading organizations through significant change.
- Experience in developing and executing multi-year strategic
plans to evolve a customer facing operations similar to a contact
- Experience making strategic and tactical decisions to ensure
organizations meet company and operational targets.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of company from
front line to executive level.
- Results oriented and ability to handle multiple concurrent
You should know ...
- Relocation is not available.
- We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things
like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health
reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic
company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional
development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program,
electric service discount, and many more perks.
- This position requires you to be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our
mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation
that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million
customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within
Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big
dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one
of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure
California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
protected status. #LI-MM1
Keywords: Edison International, Covina , Sr Manager, Revenue Services Systems, Executive , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!