Company: El Pollo Loco
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Company & Culture
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in
delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We
opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we
are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our
products to our people, we're truly amazing!
Have you ever envisioned leading a team to success or dared to help
manage a million-dollar business? Well here's your opportunity to
live the dream! Put your team-building skills to the test and bring
us your passion, energy and excellent interpersonal skills. We'll
provide you with an awesome training program, great mentors and an
exceptional team that will help you launch your career. The rest is
up to you!
What's in it for you!
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Sick pay up to 40 hours per year
- Birthday pay
- Vacations pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekend OFF a month
- Opportunity for Advancement/Internal Promotions
- FREE individual Meals
- Discounted Family Meals*
- FREE shoes twice per year for zero accidents*
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Pay
- Continues Training and Development
- Management review once a year with a merit increase when
- Experience: Must be an EPL Shift Leader or have 2-4 years of
supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant environment.
Familiarity with Point-Of-Sale systems is desired.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal English
communication skills (second language a plus)
- Competencies: Basic math and computer skills, and strong
interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Driving/Vehicle : Must be at least 18 years old and possess a
valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle that may be used for
- Food Handler Card: Must have a Serve Safe Certificate at time
of hire or obtain a Serve Safe Certificate and pass the EPL Food
Safety Audit (FSA) class upon hire, where applicable.
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule, and may work any shift
including opening, mid-day, and closing. The great news is that our
restaurants are not open 24 hours!
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within,
so from an AM you can develop to become a General Manager, Area
Leader, Director of Operations, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logo'd shirt will be provided, and black
slacks and no-slip shoes are required
Assistant Manager Job Summary:
- Supervising assigned shifts, and provides supervision to crew
members in the absence of the General Manager
- Training and developing crew members
- Completing administrative tasks (e.g. financial and inventory
control, schedules, logging maintenance, etc.)
- Creating and ensuring exceptional guest experiences
- Ensuring compliance with all security, food safety, quality,
and cleanliness standards
- Maintaining cost controls and contributing to the sales/profit
- Building your skills and leveraging the available tools to
prepare yourself for a future General Manager role
Keywords: El Pollo Loco, Covina , Assistant Manager, Executive , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!