Admissions Registered Nurse
Company: VITAS Healthcare
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The Admissions Registered Nurse is an Interdisciplinary Team member
whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and
philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the
admission of appropriate patients.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse participates in the
information gathering, analysis, education and form completion
aspects of the admissions process
2. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse evaluates patients for
hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as
3. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse Obtains agreement for
admission of referred patients and families who meet admission
4. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse analyzes data collected by
the admission staff or VITAS clinicians to facilitate/obtain
5. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse builds effective referral
source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness
expectations associated with VITAS.
6. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse maintains clinical and
7. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse takes the initiative in
developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate
admissions and patient care resource persons.
8. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse utilizes interpersonal
skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the
patient and/or patients family has concerning hospice and
9. - - - - - Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has knowledge of the
principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process
with the ability to further develop skills in these competency
2. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has the ability to
communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians,
referral sources and colleagues.
3. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has the knowledge of
clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS
specific clinical knowledge.
4. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has the ability to use the
VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
5. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has reliable means of
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands of the Admissions Registered Nurse are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the Admissions Registered Nurse, the
employee is regularly required to:
1. - - - - - Assist in lifting and transferring patients, as
2. - - - - - Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds
3. - - - - - Stand or walk in excess of one hour per day
4. - - - - - Talk and hear
Specific vision abilities required by the Admissions Registered
1. - - - - - Close vision
2. - - - - - Distance vision
3. - - - - - Ability to adjust focus
The Admissions Registered Nurse will be required to sit and stoop,
kneel, and crouch.
The Admissions Registered Nurse reports to the Admissions Manager
designated in the location. In the event the location does not have
an Admissions Manager, the Admissions Registered Nurse will receive
direction from the Patient Care Administrator or program
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse is currently licensed as a
R.N. in the state where duties are performed.
2. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has previous hospital,
physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
3. - - - - - Admissions Registered Nurse has strong Presentation
4. - - - - - Bachelors degree preferred
VITAS - Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life
care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal
and professional growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll
find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will
be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert
in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are
respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work -day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS Healthcare, Covina , Admissions Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!