Company: Options For Learning
Posted on: May 3, 2021
*Actual site is located in San Gabriel*
- Part-time, non-exempt, approx. 5 hrs per day,nine and a half
month approximate work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor
may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agencys
contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 2, $15.66/hr - $16.45/hr.
Initial salary placement is Step 1
- Forty eight semester units with a passing grade of C or better
OR Instructional Aide Permit issued by the school district where
the employee is assigned. (For staff assigned to San Gabriel
- Twelve semester units in Child Development, Education or Social
Work, or related field as deemed by the agency with a passing grade
of C or better. AND pass RUSD Ability to Assist exam (For staff
assigned to Rowland USD).
- One year experience working with children ages 5-12.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly) and Pediatric
First Aid (yearly)
- A California Drivers license, daily use of an automobile, and
automobile liability insurance
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese.
- Instructional Aide permit issued by Rowland Unified or 48
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan a coordinated, educational program based on the enrichment
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an
emphasis on enriching their school experience.
- Provide a safe and well supervised environment.
- Work with children to maintain a clean environment in the
library, classrooms, playground and any other areas of the campus
used by the program.
- Coordinate activities with school administration, teachers and
collaborative community partners.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with
children, parents, volunteers, staff and school personnel.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a
quality enrichment program.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation,
on a timely basis, according to agency policies and
- Supervise Assistant Teachers and volunteers in the
- Assist the Education Coordinator as needed.
*Other duties as assigned
- Works under the direction of the Education Coordinator.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending
credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the
following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance,
Legal Assistance Plan, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings,
Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Options for Learning also provides
9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance
coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program
at no additional cost to its employees.
Keywords: Options For Learning, Covina , LEAD TEACHER, Other , covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!