SNF Case Manager, LVN/RN (Temporary)
Company: Lakeside Medical
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As one of the fastest growing Independent Physician Associations
in Southern California, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Community
Healthcare & Affiliated Doctors of Orange County, offers a
fast-paced, exciting, welcoming and supportive work environment.
Opportunities abound, and enterprising, capable, focused people
prosper with us. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and
encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you
excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
We currently have an opening for a SNF Case Manager:
The SNF Case Manager is responsible for the assessment,
treatment planning, intervention, monitoring, evaluation and
documentation on identified High Risk patients. The SNF Case
Manager will assess and develop a care plan in collaboration with
the admitting, attending and consulting physician and other health
care practitioners. The goal of the SNF Case Manager is to
effectively manage patients on an outpatient basis to assure the
right level-of-care is provided, to prevent inpatient re-admissions
and ensure that the patients' medical, environmental and
psychosocial needs are met over the continuum of care.
- Keeps patient/family members or other customers informed and
requests if necessary, further assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow through with requests,
sharing of critical information, and getting back to individuals in
a timely manner.
- Participates in "service recovery" through follow-up with the
injured party, gathering information, and demonstrates
- Functions as liaison between administration, patients,
physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family/physicians and
involves patient/family/physicians in formation of the plan of
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to management,
co-workers, and physicians
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of the patients and
family and facilitates consultations with Social Worker, as
- Receives and reviews physician's orders; documents completion.
Follows, consults with other departments as appropriate to provide
for an interdisciplinary approach to the patients need.
- Formulates an outcome-based plan or care, based on assessed
patient needs, implements and evaluates plan as evidenced by
- Maintains quality monitors as assigned by supervisor.
- Documents patient assessment and reassessment, patient care
plans, and other pertinent information completed in the patient's
medical record in accordance with nursing standards and
- Identifies community resources to address needs to cover
through patient's benefit plans.
- Participates in the efficient, effective and responsible use or
resources such as supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of patient
and family conferences as determined by assessment of patients'
- Responsible for the coordination of post-discharge clinic
appointments, medication reconciliation, PCP and SPC visits.
- Identifies non-compliant members eligible for health plan
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all members of the
healthcare team (concurrent review, pre-auth, PCP/SPC, Social
Services) to coordinate the continuum of care of developing plans
for management of each case.
- Responsible for the identifying patients that are appropriate
for hospice conversion or Palliative care.
- May also be responsible for co-management and discharge
planning of patients in the skilled setting with assigned SNF
physician. Including the regulatory compliance requirements and
- Demonstrates the ability to formulate and appropriate
outpatient care plan, based on a telephonic assessment of patients
needs and symptoms which addresses all key symptoms in order to
effectively manage the patient on an outpatient basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a full benefits package which includes employer paid
medical, pharmacy and dental benefits. We offer a generous PTO
package, 401k Retirement Savings, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending
Account (FSA), Tuition Reimbursement & Licensed Renewal Fees for
our clinical staff.
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the LA City Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Lakeside Medical, Covina , SNF Case Manager, LVN/RN (Temporary), Other , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!