Applications Training Specialist
Posted on: May 4, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Responsible for assisting in the
development, facilitation and coordination of department training
programs for both the medical group and corporate projects, and
works with assigned sites/regions to identify training
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Provides application training on company-approved software for
- Delivers training programs to individuals, small and large
- Organizes and presents technical training on IDX
- Supports initial training of new PC users in navigating PC
applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office
applications, TouchWorks, in-house created applications and other
- Trains on roll-out of new software and software
- Conducts "train-the-trainer" programs.
- Assists in the design and development of training
documentation, manuals and performance evaluations for training
- Administers standardized performance evaluations.
- Performs training needs assessments.
- Receives user feedback and evaluation regarding Information
Services training for the purpose of identifying training
opportunities and improvements to department programs.
- Serves as a resource for Optum clients.
- Serves as a testing resource for Information Services
- Travels to training sites as requested.
- Participates in meetings and committees as requested.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assignedEDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a
professional certification requiring formal education beyond a
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of applications
training experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in operating computer keyboard, telephone, fax
- Proficient in creating training materials and
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to tailor message to the audience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak Standard English clearly using simple and
- Ability to transfer knowledge to clients with diverse cultural
backgrounds, educational experiences and learning styles.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and a quick learner.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced
- Valid CA driver's license, insurance and vehicle for
- Proficient in IDX applications preferred.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures including ICD-9 and CPT
- Microsoft Office certification preferred.What's the first thing
that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in
the country comes together with a global leader in health care?
Opportunity. With--DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The
Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical
Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining--OptumCare--and
the--UnitedHealth Group--family of companies, people like you will
find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional
success. We're changing health care for the better by improving
access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to
improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment,
intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly
collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about
this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)--Careers
with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization
around one giant objective; make the health system work better for
everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large
accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and
lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our
first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to
serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of
businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)--Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical
practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
Keywords: Optum, Covina , Applications Training Specialist, Other , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!