Company: Foothill Family
Posted on: November 16, 2022
SUMMARY The Clinical Supervisor oversees the day to day
functions of the staff assigned to his/her team and assures staff
provide quality care, maintain program/contract compliance, adhere
to legal and ethical requirements, and meet performance
expectations including productivity and timely documentation. Staff
may include therapists, Bachelor-level case managers and
specialists, and student interns. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency: Foothill
Family empowers children and families to achieve success in
relationships, school, and work through community-based services
that advance growth and development.
- Provides weekly individual and group supervision to staff in
accordance to Agency standards, and if applicable, in accordance
with acceptable professional practices as outlined by the Board of
Behavioral Sciences and within scope of practice restrictions.
- Ensures services delivered are of high quality, culturally
responsive, and outcomes driven.
- Supervises the provision of services and provides training in
clinical treatment modalities such as: child abuse treatment,
sexual abuse treatment, individual treatment, family therapy, play
therapy, crisis intervention, group therapy, school-based
counseling, in-home treatment and Evidence Based Practices
- Ensures client documentation is accurate and submitted within
the established timeframe.
- Monitors the flow of cases on employee caseloads to ensure that
a balanced approach to intakes and discharges occur.
- Administers quality assurance procedures including record
- Provides employees with timely, accurate feedback on
performance encouraging growth and addressing poor
- Maintains current professional license.
- Assists intake, reception, clinical staff and accounting in the
collection of complete and accurate information necessary for
treatment and billing.
- Carries a clinical caseload as determined by program
- Represents the Agency at community meetings, provides
in-service training to other agencies and Foothill employees, and
consults with other agencies and schools.
- Represents the Agency at marketing events and interfaces with
liaisons for trainees and interns from graduate schools.
- Supports, reinforces and implements Agency policies.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with all staff,
collaborating when appropriate.
- Works in close harmony with the Clinical Managers, Directors
and the Chief Clinical Officer accepting direction and implementing
policies and procedures reflective of this direction.
- When working with student interns, works in collaboration with
the Human Resources Department to ensure the placement of interns
include an approved and authorized Memorandum of Understanding with
the applicable university or school.
- Displays sensitivity to the service population's cultural and
socioeconomics characteristics. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Agency's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Licensed in the state of California as an LCSW, Psychologist or
LMFT. (If supervising registered trainees and pre-licensed
- At least 2 years of post-license experience and completion of
mandatory supervisor's training each license renewal period while
providing supervision. (If supervising registered trainees and
- Experience in providing direct service to individuals, families
- Experience in providing treatment to children, adults, and/or
families with serious emotional problems.
- Ability to be an excellent representative of the Agency to the
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills using and teaching the use of DSM IV and V.
(If supervising registered trainees and pre-licensed
- Ability to administer a complex program by being detailed
oriented, following up on concerns, and understanding the systems
which help insure quality of service and accurate record
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work
cooperatively as a team member.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Valid CA Driver's License and maintains insurability on the
Agency's auto liability policy (including a minimum of 2 years
driving experience) and maintains the California state required
auto insurance liability limits. PI194498203
Keywords: Foothill Family, Covina , Clinical Supervisor, Other , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!