Company: Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Forest Lawn has always attracted unique and exceptional
individuals; those who aren't satisfied with simply building a
career, but want to go home at the end of the day knowing they've
made a profound and positive difference in people's lives. If this
sounds like you, take a look at our job openings....We may have
your next GREAT OPPORTUNITY!Forest Lawn Memorial Parks &
Mortuaries, a well-established and reputable organization is
seeking a Grounds Supervisor to manage the park grounds and
irrigation system in our Covina Hills location. The Grounds
Supervisor oversees maintenance employees engaged in maintaining
the cemetery grounds and irrigation system. Coordinates activities
of employees engaged in ground maintenance activities, such as
mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking, and
disposing of leaves and refuse. Responsible for responding to
client family inquiries and concerns. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Oversee the maintenance and care of the cemetery grounds to
meet Association standards.
- Work with other departments as needed to prepare designated
areas for special events and programs.
- Oversee the application of pesticides and other chemicals to
the cemetery grounds.
- Conduct safety meetings on a biweekly basis.
- Ensure equipment is in safe operating condition. If equipment
needs to be repaired or replaced, will contact Facilities and
Procurement in a timeline manner.
- Oversee the development and implementation of cemetery
sections, operational plans, and procedures from Grounds
- Address and resolve client family questions, request, concerns,
- Update and maintain department SDS book in conjunction with EHS
- Conduct weekly water and power meter readings and submit to the
Architecture and Engineering department.
- Assist Architecture and Engineering in the development of new
sections and monitor the development.
- Assist in establishing annual budgetary estimates.
- Submit annual equipment needs.
- Supervise the timely installation of lot markers to.
- Conduct departmental releases for pre-need and at-need
- Develop and organize work schedules and assign work activities
- May recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance,
and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary
- Evaluate each employee's performance to ensure quality
operations; and inspect completed work for conformance to
specifications, and standards.
- Interpret Association policy to employees and enforce policies
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist employees in
solving work problems
- Perform other duties as needed or
- Good oral communications skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate
effectively with employees and management.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and be self-directed
- Bilingual in Spanish Speaking required.
- Bachelor's degree or AA degree from four-year college is
- Horticultural degree a plus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and minimum 2 years
of Horticultural experience required.
- Valid California Driver's License
- Pest control applicator's license
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds.DRUG TESTING POLICYPrior to beginning employment, all job
applicants who receive a job offer will be required to voluntarily
submit to a drug screening test conducted by a laboratory
designated by Forest Lawn. The drug screening method is a hair
collection test that will detect the use of illegal drugs within
the past 90 days. A positive drug test may result in the withdrawal
of the job offer.E-VERIFY STATEMENTForest Lawn has registered to
participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With
E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all
newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by
the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland
Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is
completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form
I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of
employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen
candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to
INITIATIVE FOR HIRING ORDINANCEForest Lawn will consider for
employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal
Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. MANDATORY COVID-19
VACCINATION POLICYAs an essential business, it is crucial for
Forest Lawn's employees to remain healthy in order for us to be
able to provide our essential services to the public, particularly
in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In accordance with our
mission and Forest Lawn's duty to provide and maintain a workplace
that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to
safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our
client families and visitors; and the community at large from
COVID-19, which may be reduced by vaccination. This policy will
comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health
authorities, as applicable. All employees are required to receive
the COVID-19 vaccination and remain current with all COVID-19
vaccine boosters, unless a reasonable accommodation related to a
medical reason or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices is
approved.For more information on our mandatory vaccination policy:
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Keywords: Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association, Covina , Grounds Supervisor, Other , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!