Company: Foothill Family
Posted on: November 24, 2022
SUMMARY This position provides individual and group therapy,
treatment and case management services to clients and their
families. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency: Foothill
Family empowers children and families to achieve success in
relationships, school, and work through community-based services
that advance growth and development.
- Provides high quality, compassionate and ethical therapy,
treatment and case management to Foothill clients and their
- Meets treatment goals for their caseload showing Outcome
Measure Scores for clients indicating increase functioning.
- Provides direct service to child, adolescent, and adult
clients, including difficult to reach, traumatized, or disengaged
individuals and families.
- Identifies and intervenes with the needs of abused and
neglected children and adults.
- Facilitates groups that engages and motivates group members in
a manner that is beneficial to the group member and enhances
his/her participation in the group. Leads discussions and
facilitates group activities as relevant to group issues and
- Identifies symptoms of health, mental health and substance use
conditions and responds accordingly.
- Completes all required documentation, including charts,
reports, client files and billing, within 24 hours of service
delivery and in accordance with Agency policies.
- Provides telephone counseling for emergencies both during
office hours and outside of office hours for clients.
- Advocates for clients, as well as providing relevant
information about community resources when needed. POSITION
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family
Therapist, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or registration
with State of California and an active intern number as an
Associate MFT, Associate Clinical Social Worker or Associate
Professional Clinical Counselor.
- Master's degree from accredited social work, marriage and
family therapy, or psychology program.
- Experience in providing direct service to individuals, families
- Experience in providing child abuse treatment.
- Experience in providing treatment to children with serious
- Ability to effectively use of DSM V.
- Good computer skills. Ability to navigate Foothill Family's
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work
cooperatively as a team member.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An understanding of child development, as well as individual
and family functioning.
- Valid CA Driver's License and maintains insurability on the
Agency's auto liability policy (including a minimum of 2 years
driving experience) and maintains the California state required
personal auto insurance liability limits.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Foothill Family, Covina , Therapist, Other , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!