Production Technician High Temp
Company: Precision Castparts Corp
Posted on: November 20, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit. PCC is relentless
in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Composites Horizons (CHI),
located in Covina, California, is a leading supplier of advanced
aerospace composites. For over 40 years, we have specialized in
difficult to manufacture, performance critical components and
utilize the latest technologies to engineer lightweight aerospace
composite aircraft structures and assemblies that provide
exceptional strength and high temperature performance. Whether our
product goes on a military aircraft to provide protection around
the globe, or a commercial aircraft to help families reunite, or
simply to help us enjoy the freedom of travel, the Composites
Horizons team is working tirelessly to ensure the world is ready
for takeoff. As the need for aerospace technology continues to
grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our
mission. If you are looking for an opportunity to impact the
aviation industry, a career at Composites Horizons is ready for
Summary If you are looking to join the fast-paced and exciting
world of aerospace manufacturing, the Production Technician role is
perfect for you! As a Production Technician, you will learn how to
fabricate, assemble, and repair our highly technical composite
products and aircraft around the world become ready for takeoff.
Begin your rewarding aerospace career today.
Benefits for Team Members
- Shift: 1st (6:00am - 2:30pm)
- Quarterly Cash Bonus Program
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Medical (FSA/HSA), Vision, Dental Insurance, Life and
- Employee Discount Programs (Vehicle Purchase, Cell Phones,
Travel, Health & Wellness, and many more!)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionately works in a safe manner by following all safety
rules, and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work
- Achieves team production goals by working to meet all
operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of
- Fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs products per the
Master Work Instructions (MWI), by utilizing precision instruments,
hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment as
- Reads work orders and related documentation to determine
methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish
- Lays out cutting lines on plastic materials, such as sheet
stock and fiberglass or graphite cloth, following template pattern,
blueprints, sketches, or sample part, using measuring and marking
- Cuts material to size, using shears, knives, cutters, scissors,
router, or saw.
- Mixes ingredients, such as resins, catalysts, fillers,
accelerators, and colors, according to formulas, manually or using
- Sets up and operates forming machines and presses, or laminates
plastic cloth plastic cloth and resins or impregnated cloth onto
layup mold or bonding fixture, to shape parts.
- Wraps bonding fixture or mold in vacuum bagging materials,
attaches fittings to mold or fixture, such as vacuum connections,
thermocouples, and probes, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to
prepare lamination for curing or bonding.
- Verifies dimensions of parts, using precision instruments, such
as dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers. Experience and
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work at standard hours.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Ability to safely lift up to 35lbs and have good hand
dexterity. This position requires significant walking, bending and
- Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet and
exceed production and quality standards.
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency of the
English language (written and verbal).
- Job requires to be trained and able to handle hazardous
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$20.00 to $24.00 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of
factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees
will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families)
are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental,
vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll
in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp, Covina , Production Technician High Temp, Professions , Covina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!